Award in Time Management
I'm late for a very important date!
Training Course: TM02 - Award in Time Management – I’m late for a very important date.
Course Description: This award introduces the participants to the process of working through the issues of pressure at work/study and using Time Management skills, to prioritise and organise workloads to minimize working under pressure and achieving better overall results.
EQF/ MQF Level: Level 2 ECTS per course: 1
Mode of Delivery: Traditional/ Face to Face Total Hours: 25 hours
Mode of Attendance: Part Time Language: English
Programme Duration: 1 Week
Target Audience: 16-18, 25+,
Third country nationals visit - Central Visa Unit | Identity Malta Agency
Target Group: This course is aimed at learners 16+ and/or any candidate wishing to improve their pre-employment skills. Learners need to have a basic secondary education / school leaving certificate, be able to communicate both orally and writing English.
Accreditation Category: Further Education Programme.
Accredited by: Malta Further & Higher Education Authority. (MFHEA).
Course Structure: This Award will focus on teaching learners being able to:
a) Define the importance of remaining focused and on-task even in challenging situations.
b) Recognise time management weaknesses and procrastination.
c) Recognise and interpret management's priorities including of other influential tasks' stakeholders.
a) Determine a timetable for achieving organisational goals.
b) Practise setting and meeting deadlines, while establishing and confirming priorities.
c) Develop and maintain a balanced lifestyle to sustain an appropriate level of performance.
d) identify positive and healthy coping techniques when procrastination is experienced.
1. Develop a time schedule or a plan to execute the different tasks while retaining the focus on the importance and urgency of each given task.
2. Manage and interpret stressful situations while maintaining control and urgency of each given task.
Entry Requirements: This course is aimed at learners 16+ and/or any candidate wishing to improve their pre-employment skills. Learners need to have a basic secondary education / school leaving certificate, be able to communicate both orally and writing English.
Outline of Course: The overall structure and modules:
The Compulsory module of one ECTS does not cover an exit qualification and will cover topics presented over twenty-five hours of contact hours as per application.
Knowledge proposed to be achieved:
As per Referencing Document the Level 2 MQF:
1. Possess good knowledge of a field of work or study.
2. Is aware and interprets type of information and ideas.
3. Understands facts and procedures in the application of basic tasks and instructions.
4. Selects and uses relevant knowledge to accomplish specific actions for self and others.
5) Recognise weakness and procrastinations.
6) identify the components of the Eisenhower Matrix.
7) Define the benefits of various calendars and diaries.
8) Describe the importance of work life balance.
9) identify situations that cause stress.
Skills proposed to be achieved
1. Has the ability to demonstrate a range of skills by carrying out a range of complex tasks within a specified field of work or study.
2. Communicates basic information.
3. Ensures tasks are carried out effectively.
4) Choose techniques to deal with procrastination.
5) Apply the Eisenhower Matrix concept to practice prioritising.
6) Use the correct tools to help stay focused on the important tasks.
7) Apply the right approach to deal with causes of stress.
Competences proposed to be achieved
1. Applies factual knowledge and practical skills to do some structured tasks.
2. Ensures one acts Pro-actively.
3. Carries out activities under limited supervision and with limited responsibility in a quality controlled context.
4. Acquires and applies basic key competences at this level.
5. Develop a time schedule or a plan to execute the different tasks while retaining the focus on the importance and urgency of each given task.
6. Manage and interpret stressful situations while maintaining control and urgency of each given task.
Learning Outcome 1: Outcome Type – Skill
Apply appropriate methods of communication at different levels. Display more confidence whilst communicating. Use communication more effectively with others especially superiors, colleagues, and subordinates.
Learning Outcome 2: Outcome Type – Knowledge
Become more self-reflective. Recognise their strengths and weaknesses in managing their time and how they can improve where necessary. Discern the importance and urgency of certain tasks and prioritise accordingly.
Assessment: The assessment method is composed of a reflective action plan, observed role plays, a multiple-choice test.
Hours of Total Learning – 25:
Total Contact Hours: 10
Self-Study Hours: 10
Supervised Placement and Practice Hours: 3
Assessment Hours: 2
Course Fee: €150 per person (min 6 persons).
Date of Next Intake: January 2024
Get in Touch
You can contact us any way that is convenient for you. We are available 24/7 via fax or email. You can also use a quick contact form below or visit our office personally.
Email us with any questions or inquiries or use our contact data. We would be happy to answer your questions.